[vcf-midatlantic] Leftover Festivus food donated

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:10:01 EST 2017

Hmm, my only thoughts on the Keurig coffee pod donations, is that generally
the least expensive Keurig is generally between $90-100. So it’s very
likely that the clients of the food bank wouldn’t have a Keurig, which
costs on average $.70-1.25 a pod depending upon the brand, plus the cost of
the coffee maker itself.  Especially when for $10-15 you can get a drip
coffee pot.

Although I’m sure some of the clients may have a Keurig coffee maker.  It’d
probably be better for the food bank to buy themselves a Keurig, and be
able to offer their clients a hot cup of coffee while their “order” is
being put together.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 3:09 PM Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> > There were lots of leftover frozen burger patties, hamburger buns and hot
> > dog rolls. I was able to donate them all to the local food bank down the
> > road from me called Fulfill (formerly Monmouth/Ocean Food Bank). I also
> > donated a bunch of keurig coffee pods. I was glad that this will go to
> > someone who needs it and won't go to waste.
>
> Excellent!
>
> I'll echo what others said: kudos to you for organizing the party.
>
> It must've been my superb mentoring in how not to be a leader. :)

Normal Person: So you go surfing?
lot...
Normal Person: Huh? Huh? What?