[vcf-midatlantic] Leftover Festivus food donated

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Dec 11 20:07:57 EST 2017

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Joseph Oprysko via vcf-midatlantic <

> Hmm, my only thoughts on the Keurig coffee pod donations, is that generally
> the least expensive Keurig is generally between $90-100. So it’s very
> likely that the clients of the food bank wouldn’t have a Keurig, which
> costs on average $.70-1.25 a pod depending upon the brand, plus the cost of
> the coffee maker itself.  Especially when for $10-15 you can get a drip
> coffee pot.

I didn't know if the food bank accepted the Keurig pods. I asked. They
said, "yes". So I gave it to them. I don't drink coffee my mom did. She
died in May and there are many Keurig pods that need to be disposed of. So
rather than throw them out I gave them to the food bank. It was just a
thought as I was donating the leftover food from Festivus to just add that.
What they do with them, I don't know.