[vcf-midatlantic] Could a Blockchain based file system be the answer!

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 12:04:08 EST 2017

Well, unlike “torrents” which utilizes distributed files, it’s not really a
file system.  Because the users each determines which files they are
hosting at any one time. It’s possible that some of the torrent code could
be used for file system management, rather than building everything from
scratch.

There’s actually one crypto-currency Network I just read about briefly,
that seems to work similar to what I’m thinking, it’s possible that it
could be used as well, but I’d need to look into it a bit more. If it’s
something that could work, we may have an almost pre-built solution.

Evan, I’ll check with Jason at Archive.org, they may be interested in
pursuing this as well.  I’ve communicated with him before in regards to
some other things, which at the time they said they were not going to
pursue, but now look at all of the emulated machines when going through
their software library. (Shrug)

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:24 AM Jeff Salzman via vcf-midatlantic <

> Sounds like a torrent to me...
>
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <
>

> > If there’s interest in pursuing a project like this, email me off list,
> and
> >> we’ll coordinate and communicate on either a different email list or
> some
> >> other platform.
> >>

> > I suggest talking to Jason Scott before doing anything. Internet Archive
> > may be several steps ahead.

Normal Person: So you go surfing?
lot...
Normal Person: Huh? Huh? What?