[vcf-midatlantic] ADM-3A repaired

corey cohen coreyvcf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 14:55:39 EST 2017

> On Dec 22, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Paul Rickards via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> I picked up a LSI ADM-3A from the lot that Jonathan brought to Festivus
> this year. I posted the repair progress as a thread on Twitter for all to
> see.
>
> https://twitter.com/paulrickards/status/941494883247968257
>
> Hope it helps someone else in their repairs.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

 I got the blue ADM that was a kit and socketed.  so far 10 bad sockets.  There was some sticky goo inside and under the sockets which I tried cleaning out but gave up and found the exact replacements on eBay.   14 pin arrived yesterday and 16 pin are scheduled for tomorrow.   Hopefully that’s all my problems.

Oh and I also recapped everything.

I also sealed the edges of the CRT which was already de-cataract’d with aquarium silicone.  The double sided tape wasn’t holding the glass to the tube well.

Then next step is getting touch up paint made.  The batch I had made last week was too light.  I can adjust it myself or go have it remade.

Juggling this project and my Lisa 2/10 restoration.

Cheers,
Corey