[vcf-midatlantic] Byt-8

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Fri Dec 22 20:56:31 EST 2017

I know a few people on our list have Byte Shop Byt-8 computers. I
happened to be emailing with store owner Paul Terrell recently. I asked
him who did the system design, and thought some of you would be
interested in his response: "My next door neighbor in San Jose was a
design engineer for IBM at their Los Gatos Labs and he did the design
work for the Byte 8 CPU card and front panel board with the led lights
and switches and one uped the Altair front panel with some extra debug
features. He transferred to their Tuscon office and I heard he had
passed away."

Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit