[vcf-midatlantic] Byt-8

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 22:12:34 EST 2017

Very cool history! I'm working on one at this very moment. The BYT-8 CPU
board is a very good 8080 board, with built in vector interrupt controller.
I think a few of you bought up those blank BYT-8 CPU boards I found a few
years ago and built them up. I've got one of their front panel boards, also
a very nice design, much more stable than the Altair front panel, but I
don't have a dress panel for it.

Apparently a fair number of people at the Los Gatos labs had S-100 systems
of their own. IBM was apparently even using IMSAIs themselves as part of
their testing process for some of the ICs they were working on there. They
couldn't find fast/reliable/dense enough S-100 RAM boards on the market at
the time, so they made their own...using IBM FSU RAM chips! I've got three
of the boards, and a story from their previous owner:

http://www.glitchwrks.com/2016/01/20/fsu-ram

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <