[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East -- May 18-20

Alexander Pierson ajpierson1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 22:24:05 EST 2017

 Looking for the silver lining here, the date in mid-May is likely to work out well for many college students.  It allowed me to come in 2011, following finals week.  In the years before and after, as the event jumped from month to month, it frequently collided with the semester, leading to consistent disappointment.  I realize that we don't have heavy attendance from the student demographic, but it is nice to know that the calendar is in collective favor this year.
-Alexander 'Z' Pierson
    On Friday, December 22, 2017, 9:25:58 PM EST, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:

 On 12/22/2017 09:22 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>>> We think VCF East is cooler.
>>    Um.
>>
>>    Yeah I'm not sure you wanna go there.  Competition of that sort serves
>> no one.
>
> Just kidding around. From what I hear, their event is awesome for people
> in that hobby.

  For various definitions of "that hobby".  It's not a ham-specific
thing.  Lots and lots of PDP-11s have gone through there, to put things
into perspective.

> Our event and Dayton have overlapped before. Bottom line is * every *
> weekend is no good for somebody. So we pick the weekend that's best for
> the largest amount of people.

  Yes, I hear you and I agree with your logic, but my concern is that if
any event is going to be a "bad" collision, it's that one.  Maybe err on
the side of one of the mouth-breathing sport-o things or something,
which most people here will ignore anyway?

  Just a suggestion..

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ