[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Engineering job openings in southern NJ

Bob Applegate bob at corshamtech.com
Sat Dec 23 15:50:41 EST 2017

This is a one-time post of some job openings.

My employer is looking to add a lot of engineers in our southern NJ (Gloucester County) location, and there are definitely people on this list who would be good matches.  Note that I am not a recruiter not in the HR department, I’m just an engineer in one of the groups looking for people.  My group has lots of work

Basic list of the kinds of engineers we’re looking for:

8 bit controller programmers with both C and assembly background.  I think that group uses Microchip products but anyone who knows assembly for any processor could quickly adapt to a different chip.  There is probably a lot of leeway in terms of switching brands of processors as well.

My group is looking for senior people with embedded Linux experience.  Candidates need a strong C/C++ background.  Administration, shell scripting, networking, security (IPTables, OpenSSL) are highly desirable but not required.  Experience with Bluetooth and WiFi configuration/programming would be a big advantage.  These are senior level positions, not Principals.

The hardware and mechanical engineering groups are also looking, particularly for people with strong RF experience.  We’re building small SDRs using FPGAs.  There are a lot of folks out there with digital design experience but a lot of our work is more in the analog domain.  I think they are also looking for generic algorithms people to do some of the SDR work.

I can’t speak for other groups, but the Firmware (embedded software) team is definitely looking for enthusiastic people, so if you really enjoy development but might not have a lot of experience, you might still be a good fit.

If you are interested, please respond via private email and I can provide more details.

Bob