[vcf-midatlantic] Museum inventory database software

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Mon Dec 25 21:45:59 EST 2017

> Just a thought if you decide to go with the database software solution as opposed to cloud/web based solutions. Not as flexible with the number of access points/users but I wouldn't think we'd need more than a few people (and anyone approved by the board on the museum machine) to access this.

We definitely need something 24/7 online. Even when we're on campus, we
want to be able to talk around the warehouse and add/remove items via
smartphone interface as needed. Sounds like you are a proposing a method
where the real database has to be synced later on.

> Not to mention some of us may already have the software in Question if it's a desktop package.

We would only use legally licensed-to-us software.