[vcf-midatlantic] Correction -- Semi-OT: Annual post: what tech did ya get?

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 10:20:39 EST 2017

Dave’s MFM Emulators work well, I remember when I exhibited one at VCF,
while a bit confusing to use, no pretty GUI or anything like that, it does
what it needs to do. I had tested it and duplicated an existing hard drive,
and created several “blank” hard drives over my time with it.

Unfortunately this year, I didn’t get anything vintage related, but I did
get a WiFi controllable power strip that also monitors energy usage.  So
when I hook up my vintage systems, I know how much electricity I actually
used. :-)
On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 11:11 PM Mike Loewen via vcf-midatlantic <

> > On Dec 25, 2017, at 9:25 PM, Mike Loewen via vcf-midatlantic
> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 25 Dec 2017, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> >>
> >> I hit 'send' too soon. Sorry.
> >>
> >> Corrected post:
> >>
> >> -----------------------
> >>
> >> It's always fun to hear what tech toys (vintage computing or not)
> everyone
> got for the holidays, whatever you celebrate.
> >>
> >> For me it was just buying a box of NOS floppies from Glitch back at
> Festivus :) and a pair of running shoes (not technical, but expensive!)
> >
> >   I just received a HP 82901M dual-floppy drive to go with my HP 87XM:
> >
> > http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=287
> >
> >   Haven't had a chance to try it, yet.
> >

>     Oh yeah, I also just received one of David Gesswein's MFM hard drive
> emulators.  Looking forward to trying it out on my old Tandy 6000HD, and
> attempting to image the hard drive in my most recent 6000HD.
>

> Mike Loewen                             mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
> Old Technology                          http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/

Normal Person: So you go surfing?
lot...