[vcf-midatlantic] Correction -- Semi-OT: Annual post: what tech did ya get?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Tue Dec 26 11:28:42 EST 2017

On 12/26/2017 10:20 AM, Joseph Oprysko via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Dave’s MFM Emulators work well, I remember when I exhibited one at VCF,
> while a bit confusing to use, no pretty GUI or anything like that, it does
> what it needs to do. I had tested it and duplicated an existing hard drive,
> and created several “blank” hard drives over my time with it.

MFM emulator, this means it can emulate hard drives like those inside the
3B1 & 3B2 or earlier drives? Were the early PC drives the same?

BTW, found the missing Xebec interface card. I think this to allow those
earlier drives to interface to SASI (early SCSI). I have no idea if it works.

> Unfortunately this year, I didn’t get anything vintage related, but I did
> get a WiFi controllable power strip that also monitors energy usage.  So
> when I hook up my vintage systems, I know how much electricity I actually
> used. :-)

Which one did you get?

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com