[vcf-midatlantic] Apple 1 emulator

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sat Dec 30 19:09:32 EST 2017

On 12/30/2017 05:24 PM, Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

>> On Dec 30, 2017, at 11:01 AM, William Dudley via vcf-midatlantic
>> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>>
>> I find this somewhat amazing.
>>
>> https://hackaday.com/2017/12/30/espple-a-wireless-apple-1-on-an-esp8266/
>>
>> Bill Dudley

> Assuming you meant the emulator (looks pretty cool to me!) I find it amazing that the
> hackaday writer doesn't know the difference between the apple I and the apple II, which
> one was released when and in the same year as the pet and trs-80. Tony

Tony, you don't get to use the internet much do you? ;-)

Please don't ask them about difference the Apple II and Apple II+.

The one thing I remember about the Apple II & II+ was how easy it was to
understand the various parts. We'd look up the parts in the manufacturing
data books and we could figure out what it did. Then exception was the
floppy disk controller but there wasn't much to repair on the drives.

I also recall the Apple II manual had the schematics as well as the source code.
Or perhaps we had the Sam's Manuals for everything. :-)

Happy New year folks.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com