[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Sat Dec 30 21:57:46 EST 2017

Highlights from the museum today:

- Bill Lange and his uncle stopped by

- A few families visited. One family had a 10-year-old son who impressed
me with his knowledge of Apple II history. He has a GS and knew BASIC.

- I finished setting up our two new display cases in the microcomputer
aisle. Last time (Wednesday) we selected the initial batch of artifacts:
case #1 got our blue box, 6501 kit, early USR modem, Pennywhistle modem,
and Popular Electronics Digital Logic Micro Lab (from 1970); case # has
an top shelf open for now (to be filled with various early PDAs) while
its other shelves have consoles (Tele-Games (Atari) Pong, Fairchild
Channel F, Magnavox Odyssey). Today, I installed the black backings that
we made for each case because they're glass on all four sides and nobody
needs to see behind them.

Here is case #1: http://snarc.net/case1.jpg .... I'm going to put
another piece of thin black material under the 6501 box so it doesn't
reflect onto the shelf below it (looks lousy from above).

Here is case #2: http://snarc.net/case2.jpg.

Both displays look better in person than up-close with the camera.