[vcf-midatlantic] Apple 1 emulator

corey cohen coreyvcf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 12:01:14 EST 2017

> On Dec 31, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Joseph Oprysko via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> It’s kind of cool how it does the wireless display.
>
> Question (it may sound like a noob question), the article says it has a
> BASIC interpreter, was one available for the Apple I?
>
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:39 PM Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic <
>
>>> On 12/30/2017 08:57 PM, systems_glitch via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>>> Heh, I like Hackaday, but IIRC the last of my projects that got submitted
>>> had a "DEFINITELY DON'T USE THIS AND EXPECT THE COMPUTER NOT TO FRY YOU"
>>> disclaimer (mains voltage control). It got reported as "and of course
>> it's
>>> safe because the computer controls it." :P
>>
>> Uhm, isn't that called home automation?
>>
>> --
>> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
>> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
>> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
>> Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
>>
> --
> Normal Person: Hey, it seems that you know a lot.
> Geek: To be honest, it's due to all the surfing I do.
> Normal Person: So you go surfing?
> Normal Person: But I don't think that has anything to do with knowing a
> lot...
> Geek: I think that's wrong on a fundamental level.
> Normal Person: Huh? Huh? What?

I don’t think it was a true wireless display in the way your thinking, but that it creates a modulated analog TV signal that hooks up to the antenna input of a European TV like a vintage computer (with RF modulator)

As for Basic, yes Woz wrote the initial Integer Basic for the Apple-1.  Amazingly it was hand assembled on yellow pad paper.  Before the cassette adapter was ready, he used to be able to type it in by hand, all 4K, without a mistake to very quickly to demonstrate the Apple-1.