[vcf-midatlantic] UNIVAC 1219

Duane DBC1964 at cox.net
Thu Jul 20 16:21:44 EDT 2017

Bill,

Send him a link to my Yahoo! group;

Sounds like someone who would like to play with my 1219 emulator and
assembler.

Did you find out where he lives? Might be able to help, might have some old
tapes. May I steal his photo for my group?

I see that he was on the USS Midway. That is a museum in San Diego. I wonder
if their 1219's are still intact. I was contacting them a few years ago
about a video on utube with a 1540 in motion ,only to find they had replaced
the reel motors with some commercial ones and had built a simulator to fake
the lights. He said that the NAVY had smashed up the insides good before
they turned it over. If they did the same to the 1219's , maybe I don’t want
know. One of the many dead-ends looking for pubs.

Duane