[vcf-midatlantic] Museum power / Running bigger machines

Ben Greenfield ben at cogs.com
Fri Jul 28 16:01:56 EDT 2017

Hey All,

I have a couple of questions on this topic and I hate to hijack it but ....because I'm doing the same right now and this is the first I have heard of a motor/starter protector.

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 2:19 PM, systems_glitch via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> The motor starter/protector keeps the 3-phase motor in the MG set from
> burning up if something goes wrong.

I just ordered a generator head and a motor.

I have a VFD that I was going to control the motor connected to the generator head.

My plan was to tune the generator voltage and frequency to meet my needs.

I currently have fused disconnects between the panel and VFD and the generator head and the equipment.

Am I missing something important?

> Definitely go with a name-brand like
> the Square D you linked.
>
> The pin and sleeve connectors are a great idea, though there are also
> 3-phase specific twistlok connectors as well, which are much cheaper. If
> he's got the connectors anyway, they're the better solution.

Here is the best I can contribute on the topic

I'm using a plug and outlet from these guys.

They have standard for a wide range of voltages and amps.

http://www.mennekes.com/

Thanks,
Ben