[vcf-midatlantic] Wifi232

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 14:43:23 EDT 2017

Yes.  Here is a link to a few photos of my wifi232 in action:

The only issue I've run into so far is with hardware control.  The
kit/assembled unit does not have a jumper installed to toggle on/off
hardware control, you'd have to add one in but the documentation shows you
were to add the jumper.  Hardware control is required for things like the
DECwriter II.  I was able to get Wifi232 to work with most anything that
did not use hardware control i.e. standard 8-bit computers, DEC Rainbow,
DEC 220/241, IBM PC and so on.

I have been using a CHIP SBC use for the same basic purpose as the
WIFI232.  The CHIP provides the back-end of a computer but does not provide
AT commands as the interactions.  It's nice to have both I guess.    What's
nice about the WIFI232 is that you don't have to spend a lot of time
setting up a CHIP or Raspberry Pi to get what wifi232 gives you out of the
box.  The Wifi232 also has a nice built-in web server that allows a person
to make changes to the "modem" settings remotely while plugged into the
device directly.  I plan to use the WIFI232 regularly.

Bill

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 2:24 PM, John Heritage via vcf-midatlantic <