[vcf-midatlantic] Museum pictures

Douglas Crawford touchetek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:56:08 EDT 2017

On 6/7/2017 3:17 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> How about a 4K video walk-through?
>
> We'll consider it. Again, there is the concern of "giving away" too
> much if people can see the whole thing while laying in bed and using
> their smartphones.
OK I'll bite.  The vast coverage of the Computer History Museum has not
dissuaded me from wanting to visit.
People have to have some idea that it is worth their time to arrange to
visit.
I don't think a text list of stuff will do.
It could be just environment shots and not single close ups is enough,
and wouldn't give too much away.
But if the photo / video coverage is extensive with respect to what is
on display,
there is still another way to drawl folks in- experience.
If we are willing to enhance the experience from viewing lifeless
artifacts to showing operating equipment
and a good bit of hands on I think it would be some mighty strong gravity.