[vcf-midatlantic] Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer

Glenn Roberts glenn.f.roberts at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 17:04:27 EDT 2017

I was cleaning out a closet and came across my copy of "Stan Veit's History
of the Personal Computer".  I realized it's almost 25 years ago this was
published and perhaps some on this list haven't read it?  I've been enjoying
re-reading my copy.  One thing that I realized in reading his bio is that it
was rather late in life that he became part of the personal computer
movement - he was 56 when he opened the Computer Mart in NYC.  It's a great
read. takes you back.

In scanning Amazon I realize this book is now somewhat of a collectible -
they seem to go for as much as $200!  It looks like there's a podcast on
line for those of you who might want to listen

http://www.classiccomputing.com/CCPodcasts/Stan_Veit/Entries/2016/1/12_Stan_
Veit_7.html

-          Glenn