[vcf-midatlantic] Museum pictures

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Mon Jun 12 14:41:19 EDT 2017

>> >If we are willing to enhance the experience from viewing lifeless
artifacts to showing operating equipment
and a good bit of hands on I think it would be some mighty strong gravity.
The problem is half our artifacts are lifeless because they either don't
run yet or they can't have monitors hooked up.  And we don't have anything
yet that visitors can do that's hands on.

We're getting there.

All of our docents should be showing kids some simple BASIC on the micro of their choice.

We upgraded from paper signs to tablets so there is more "touch" involved.

Chris F. mentioned that he'd like to build a giant mechanical 2-bit adder on our hallway wall.

After Kfest this summer I'm going to start planning the Lego parent/child learning station.

Further down the road, we'd like to connect the PiDP to our LA120 and the straight 8 to the ASR33.

Bill I. is restoring the TR-20 and plans to incorporate a plotter.

Mike L. just started working on the HP mini. If he can get one of its drives going, then we can load an OS to let people log in and do things.

And of course there's the BBS project, plus the ultimate restoration of all -- the UNIVAC.