[vcf-midatlantic] Head alignment tape

Duane Craps DBC1964 at cox.net
Thu Jun 15 18:57:43 EDT 2017

All,

This past work session Bill Dromgoole applied power to the museum's
UNIVAC 1540 Magnetic Tape Unit. There were problems but just seeing the
indicators lit up is good progress. I wonder if anyone has a 800 BPI,
NRZ  Master Head Alignment Tape (skew tape) to donate to VCF. Since we
are not likely to ever run into a commercial tape I guess I could tweak
the handlers to mach each other if they even require alignment but, it
would be better to be able to do it the right way.  Also could use some
blank or good used tapes. It might be a long time before we need them
but it would be nice to have them available.

Duane Craps