[vcf-midatlantic] WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Sat Jun 17 11:12:03 EDT 2017

> Paul is a member of this group, he lives nearby.  I believe he's having a
> lot of success with this device.  I have been having fun attaching
> computers that can use a modem to it.  It might be fun to add "connection
> sounds" to it somehow.....Paul?

I gave heads up to a local geek that has been running a telnet BBS for a
while. I inquired if he has seen any uptick in inbound connections!

I wonder if Qmodem and Procom and "lazy" enough to allow hostnames and
stuff in place of phone numbers. It might be possible to auto-generate
phone books for those types of programs based on the telnet bbs list.

This has me wanting to spin up my old BBS :-) I just need to look into
running a dosbox/emulated environment on my colo host and maybe
redirecting telnet traffic to it.

I forgot the superuser password to it but it should be easy enough to take
a new copy of the software, change that password to something known then
observe the offset and replace.