[vcf-midatlantic] WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Adam Michlin amichlin at swerlin.com
Sat Jun 17 11:20:40 EDT 2017

On 6/17/2017 11:12 AM, Ethan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I gave heads up to a local geek that has been running a telnet BBS for
> a while. I inquired if he has seen any uptick in inbound connections!
>
> I wonder if Qmodem and Procom and "lazy" enough to allow hostnames and
> stuff in place of phone numbers. It might be possible to auto-generate
> phone books for those types of programs based on the telnet bbs list.

Here's my question:

It seems to support telnet, but telnet has been long deprecated as
unencrypted and insecure. I realize a lot of BBSs still use it,
rightfully so, but I really want to to be able to ssh from my Apple IIe
to any of my machines without having to serial tether the Apple IIe to
one of my Linux boxes.

Dare I hope that it supports ssh, too?

     -Adam