[vcf-midatlantic] WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Paul Rickards rickards at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 10:46:33 EDT 2017

W2HX- It does have a TCP server built in so you telnet to it. Port defaults
to 6400 but you can change it. To the serial side, it appears as a dialup
modem is connected. When the you telnet to it, the "phone is ringing" and
will it send a "RING" response. You answer it by issuing a "ATA" command or
you can enable auto answer (ATS0=1) and it will connect automatically.

If you need it to be more transparent to the serial side (i.e. will a
"RING" and "CONNECT" message confuse the PDP?) you can turn off responses
with ATQ0.

It doesn't support the full set of RS-232 signals like DTR, DSR, RI, DCD,
etc. I'm not sure if the PDP needs those signals to know there's a device
there or not. There are jumpers on the bottom of the WiFi232 for certain
RS-232 signals so you can loop those back to the host to get around most
requirements.

Cheers,
-p

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM, W2HX via vcf-midatlantic <