[vcf-midatlantic] A little personal milestone

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Sun Jun 18 16:35:05 EDT 2017

>> Once you get comfortable with one the others are just variants on the theme, at least for the smaller machines.

I am starting to understand that. For some reason I found it easier on the HP than on the 8 when you showed me.

>> At VCF I checked the pdp-8 and the program was still in it and ran. If you need the instructions again

I have the instructions you made for entering the program (I will take a fresh look at them to see if they make more sense to me now) but I'm unclear about how to restart the program still in it from before.

>> Hopefully we can get it doing something more interesting
in the fall.

Agreed! IIRC your advice was to run FOCAL through the teletype once we locate the misplaced connector card.