[vcf-midatlantic] CHIP, was Re: WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 19 16:45:14 EDT 2017

On 06/19/2017 04:21 PM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> You can always use a CHIP with Debian Linux if you want a "power on and
> works" alternative, but you have to set up first.  That's the thing with
> the WIFI232, works out of the box.

  Most annoyingly, the CHIP has been unavailable for months.  They're
pushing the hell out of "CHIP Pro", which has little in common with
CHIP, but what I (personally) want is more CHIPs.  I have a bunch here,
I use them for all sorts of things.  They keep saying it'll be back, but
it keeps not coming back.  Very, very annoyed.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA