[vcf-midatlantic] CHIP, was Re: WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 17:40:50 EDT 2017

> >   Most annoyingly, the CHIP has been unavailable for months.  They're
> > pushing the hell out of "CHIP Pro", which has little in common with
> > CHIP, but what I (personally) want is more CHIPs.  I have a bunch here,
> > I use them for all sorts of things.  They keep saying it'll be back, but
> > it keeps not coming back.  Very, very annoyed.

I have two that I keep busy.

> Especially considering I ordered a replacement months ago!
>
> --
>   Cory Smelosky
>   b4 at gewt.net

Before you give up on yours, make sure you have a powerful milliamp power
supply, they eat a lot of juice and you may find yours conks out when going
into GUI mode if you don't have enough power.  I use mine headless to
attach to terminals with simH and/or as a "modem" kind of like the
WIFIrs232.  Another very reasonable replacement for the WIFI232 is a Rasp
Pi Zero.  I have about five of these I use for many things including a
network device for terminals.

BIll