[vcf-midatlantic] CHIP, was Re: WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 19 17:50:35 EDT 2017

  I already have hardware for the CHIP's headers, but that's not a big
deal.  A bigger deal is that I also have plastic cases designed for them
for my specific applications.  But the biggest deal is that I have about
ten of them here and I really like them.

  I also don't like to have hardware on a board that I'll never use,
like video output...The Pi Zero has an HDMI output, burning power and
board space, that will be wasted in nearly everything I'd ever do with one.

  I also really like the fact that the CHIP has a JST connector for LiPo
battery packs.

  That said, I'll likely move to the Pi Zero W for these applications if
NTC fails to pull their head out of their ass with regard to the CHIP.

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA