[vcf-midatlantic] CHIP, was Re: WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:30:53 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <

> stock".
> >>
> >> Microcenter here in Northern Virignia has PiZeros in stock. For me, I'd
> > rather have real sized USB ports and Ethernet.
> >
> > I had to buy a few adpaters for the Pi 0, that's why I prefer the CHIP,
> > built-in Bluetooth and Wifi.  All you need is to power it up in the
> corner
> > to access it remotely.  CHIP appears to use more power though, so it's
> > that  trade off, power vs built-in features.  Good to have both, eh?
>
>   He originally mentioned the Pi Zero W, which includes BT and 802.11.
> But I can't get those either.  As Dan stated, their distribution model
> is awful.
>
>              -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA

​I forgot to mention the dealers can be total jerks too
Micro Center at first limited 1x per person, and NO online sales[in-store
purchase only]
Not they removed the 1x per person limit, but still prohibit the online
sales for the PI Zero​.
So if you make a detour on your road trip to the nearest store, you really
want to check their inventory first before you stock up.
AdaFruit still has 1x per person limit, but at least they allow online
sales, so the usual applies, load up on various parts to spread out the
shipping costs.
Dan