[vcf-midatlantic] CHIP, was Re: WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 22:06:53 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <

> On 06/20/2017 07:30 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:
> > ​I forgot to mention the dealers can be total jerks too
> > Micro Center at first limited 1x per person, and NO online
> > sales[in-store purchase only]
> > Not they removed the 1x per person limit, but still prohibit the online
> > sales for the PI Zero​.
> > So if you make a detour on your road trip to the nearest store, you
> > really want to check their inventory first before you stock up.
> > AdaFruit still has 1x per person limit, but at least they allow online
> > sales, so the usual applies, load up on various parts to spread out the
> > shipping costs.
>
>   I've checked AdaFruit probably twenty times since the Pi Zero W
> started shipping.  I've *never* seen them in stock.
>
>               -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA

​I haven't looked recently since I bought one last year​
but what I noticed is they stagger their inventory to spread it out thru
the month
So the supply doesn't dry up the first week they get their monthly
allotment.
and if you blink these go out the door so fast its out of stock again
I just looked tonight and they have some in stock
I would signup on their email notification list, with "Notify Me" button,
they have one for each product
And their notification is very reliable, I used it last year to jump on the
original Pi Zero.
I would see them go out of stock one week, then have some more the next
week, by tracking their notifications
as I mentioned, their shipping costs are lame, so I just bought the
complete kit to spread the costs,
so I can have one running all the time whenever I write some code or hookup
some interfaces.
Dan