[vcf-midatlantic] VME Graphics Cards

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Jun 21 15:37:25 EDT 2017

> Has anyone ever come across any VME graphics cards?
> I have an Atari Mega STE with an unused VME slot, and would love to have
> some higher resolution output for that machine than what the stock ST chips
> provide..
> Just figure I'd ask..

The Atari VME slot is a single connector I'd guess, given the size of the
machine. There were frames to put SGI desktop video boards in the larger
deskside and full rack SGIs via the VME slot side... but they were usually
2 connectors I think, and the video card set (ELAN from Indigo?) wouldn't
fit.

Plus you'd have to write all the software to make it work.

No idea if there were VME accessories ever produced for the Atari ST
computers.

Probably would be easier to go VME to PCI and use a WinTel graphics card
after writing software to drive it.

(I actually have a TT030 and I think it has a VME slot as well, but it's
empty.)