[vcf-midatlantic] PDP-8E rails?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 21 16:36:18 EDT 2017

On 06/21/2017 02:36 PM, W2HX via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I have a PDP-8/e and I would like to mount it in a rack as a sliding unit. Here is a photo of what I have mounted on the side of the PDP-8E to help figure out what I need.  Does anyone have what I would need to mount this in a rack? For sale?
>
> http://w2hx.com/x/PDP/PDP-8E/2.jpg

  They are fairly standard rack slides.  I don't remember offhand who
manufactured them, but lots of companies used them.  The same ones were
used for RX01/RX02 floppy drives.  They do show up on eBay fairly
frequently, but don't bother searching for them as anything PDP-8, DEC,
or even computer-related, as they were (and are) used all over many
industries.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ