[vcf-midatlantic] CHIP, was Re: WiFi RS-232 Internet Modem

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:19:46 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:06 AM, RETRO Innovations via vcf-midatlantic <

> I was watching, but I have not see anyone mention the Omega 2:
>
> https://onion.io/omega2/
>
> $6.00 for the base unit, very small, and looks pretty full featured.

yes, ​it's amazing ​how much progress has been made in the last 10yrs
I paid for this other one, VoCore, 3yrs ago on Indiegogo campaign
Because then it was the latest 'n greatest in a compact embedded controller
And very cheap, it's only 1 square inch, with Eth, Wifi, I2C, gpio, etc,
runs on OpenWrt/Linux
Of course they need a carrier board like the Omega2 for the communication
ports, but still fits in a 1" cube
And now they have a 2nd generation version which I think is still cost
competitive
http://vocore.io/#store