[vcf-midatlantic] WTB: DECbrouter

Kenneth Seefried kjseefried at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 13:21:21 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:26 PM, - - <ncherry at linuxha.com> wrote:
> (Stuck on a web interface to main, so excude the top posting)
>
> Hehe, I forgot about the IGS (not my favorite router). The IGS wasn't one of
> the 68K line. I think it was one of the first 4K (RISC) processors. I think
> the IGS also went to 10.x. but don't quote me on that.

No.  The IGS was contemporary with the AGS/MGS/CGS and it's 68k based.
The first MIPS based routers (3600 & 7200?) were at least 2
generations away (on the low end, the 3000 (?) then the 2500 series
came after, and were also 68k based).  I know my IGS (long gone) ran
IOS 8.x (upgraded from 6.x as I recall), and there was 9.x update that
involved swapping PROMs.  Never saw 10 on an IGS; that would have been
a very, very tight fit since the IGS only had 1 or 2M RAM.  Pretty
sure 10.x ran on the AGS+ if you had enough memory.

Played around with IOS 15.5 the other day...times have changed.

KJ