[vcf-midatlantic] looking for intel 4040 programs

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Tue Jun 27 15:27:17 EDT 2017

 > So far the only [4040 programs] I know of are Herb Johnson's stuff at
 > http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/intel440_roms.html

You're welcome. Also consider

http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/int_upp.html

which describes the Intel UPP programmers, operated by a 4040. Their
code is locked up in 4001's. They are operated by an Intel 8-bit system.

http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/a04.html

A simple cross assembler.

Pro-log's "The Designer's Guide to Programmed Logic" has how-to-code
4040 examples. I have copies from two years, 1972 and 1977. Copies are
available for a modest fee. Yes, I charge fees.

MOst use of 4004 and 4040, were in products for industry. The sources
were never released for those. Disassembly is informative. The 4004 and
4040 were controllers and so most any code was special purpose.

I suppose, you could try to find old Intel user archives - they had a
small collection of 4-bit and 8-bit programs as part of their User
Library. Many of Intel's eight-bit and 16-bit programs have been
recovered in the last few years. But Intel lost interest in their 4-bit
development products by the Multibus era.

What's your plan?

Herb
http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net