[vcf-midatlantic] KIM-1 find (was:The next Great VCF workshop July 15 & 16, 2017)

Jeff Galinat jgalinat at optonline.net
Thu Jun 29 10:51:00 EDT 2017

On 6/29/2017 9:00 AM, Chris Fala wrote:
> $20 KIM-1?!?!?!? I don't think jealous is a strong enough word. Let me
> know if you ever get tired of it! LOL Sounds like your priorities for
> going to this event are in order. :-) Have a good time.
>
> Chris

Thanks Chris,
The guy said the KIM-1 didn't work but I figured that for $20 I would
hang it on my wall if I couldn't fix it.  I brought it home, applied
power, hit reset & it worked fine.  I entered the clock program from the
"First Book of KIM" and it worked as expected.  The only thing I can
think of think of is that the seller mistook the SST switch on the
keyboard for a power switch since it is labeled ON/OFF and he didn't
know that you had to hit reset before it would do anything.  Anyway,
there is always lots of interesting stuff at the Sussex hamfest.
Regards,
Jeff