[vcf-midatlantic] Semi-OT: microcontollers (?)

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:37:05 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> Absolutely agree that old "microcontrollers" are relevant.
>>

> Old ones, yes. When I posted that microcontroller discussion should be
> semi-OT I meant the new ones.

​I really don't think they even use that phrase any longer for the new
stuff, eg Raspberry PI, et al
I think only for the Arduino style boards since its still an 8bitter, but
even the newer Arduino boards are 32bit processors now
They are more apt to refer them as SoC's in regard to the new Processors
Because of their complexity, either 32bits or 64bits cpu, and a Buttload of
I/O interfaces
And so they are regarded more as a Embedded controller, even though it's a
old term, indicating their advanced complexity.
Dan
--
 _  ____
/ \__/   Scotty, We Need More Power !!