[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Evan's first taste of Pi

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Thu Jun 29 14:37:36 EDT 2017

> ​you don't get to say the word regardless, unless you first build the
> obligatory "Hello World" style project everyone here builds called
> "Blink The LED"​ on your new RPi Zero ;)

Okay you win!

Simple instructions:
https://www.tunnelsup.com/raspberry-pi-zero-blink-an-led-using-gpio-pins/

Looks easy enough.

First I have to put Linux onto the microcon... errr SBC.

Serious question: how do I decide what LED and what resistor to use?

Second less-serious question: I can type in the few lines from the
project page, but I do not have the time/interest to learn Python. How
can I interface the Pi to my Apple II :) and do things in BASIC?