[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Evan's first taste of Pi

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:57:38 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> ​you don't get to say the word regardless, unless you first build the
>> obligatory "Hello World" style project everyone here builds called "Blink
>> The LED"​ on your new RPi Zero ;)
>>

> Okay you win!
>
> Simple instructions: https://www.tunnelsup.com/rasp
> berry-pi-zero-blink-an-led-using-gpio-pins/
>
> Looks easy enough.
>
> First I have to put Linux onto the microcon... errr SBC.
>
> Serious question: how do I decide what LED and what resistor to use?

​
any generic LED will do, just hit up the Radio Shack, of dig one up at
Infoage IXR
That website you posted should have listed the resistor value, but from the
color code it's another common value, 330ohms, probably also found at IXR
​

> Second less-serious question: I can type in the few lines from the project
> page, but I do not have the time/interest to learn Python. How can I
> interface the Pi to my Apple II :) and do things in BASIC?

​DON'T DO IT IN BASIC
unless you like to suffer the wrath of your cohorts here
use your google foo to look python tutorial
​

--
 _  ____
/ \__/   Scotty, We Need More Power !!