[vcf-midatlantic] Live auctions at VCF-East?

Kelly Leavitt kelly at catcorner.org
Fri Mar 3 12:20:56 EST 2017

My opinion on auctions is a resounding NO.

After years of "running" the consignment area, the people coming there are not interested in spending money (except for Ian).

I've seen great items, with reasonable but high prices go unsold because they were priced at more than a dollar or two.

Hams are cheap, but VCF nerds make them look like big spenders.

Maybe if we took the time to advertise it, have some key items, and were allowed set minimums then yes, but that would have to be a dedicated job for someone. Not something else to dump on the folks running the show.

Just my $0.02.

Kelly