[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Video Capture

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 12:09:58 EST 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Matt Patoray via vcf-midatlantic <

> Since Chris is copying from a DVR Set Top box the capture product will
> need to support HDCP to allow HDMI copying of the signal.

I still have to try it, but ​I saw there are HDMI splitters which can strip
the HDCP
There are many models which have been reported to support this
And they are very cheap, between $20 to $40, even on Amazon
One model was the SANOXY for $18, amzn.com/B003UYOEMI​
​And then some devices such as the PS4 can have the HDCP disabled in its
menu
​Older devices such as the PS3 don't even include HDCP, so you wouldn't
have playback issues.
Dan