[vcf-midatlantic] museum report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Sun Mar 12 21:40:22 EDT 2017

I started around 10 today. Dean couldn't make it, so I called Bill
Dudley (he lives nearby). Fortunately he was able to come over for a few
hours and help.

Android itself and the kiosk app both had oddities which took us a while
to understand. After emailing the app developer we finally got useful
explanations. Now, all the tablets are running the kiosk app using a
volume license key and they're all configured exactly the same (but I'll
double-check that next weekend). Bill is going to come back one day this
week and do some prep work on the steel mounting plates to prevent
rusting. Next weekend, post-Trenton (Saturday afternoon), I'll bolt the
plates to the shelf posts. Then we'll run the power cords, connect to
the magic web page, and things will be golden.

We kept busy with the tablet software all day; meanwhile there were some
visitors. Two men in their 50-60s stopped by around 4pm and stayed until
closing. They both did punch card processing in their college days.

Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
a 501(c)3 educational non-profit

evan at vcfed.org