[vcf-midatlantic] Trenton report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Sun Mar 19 11:32:47 EDT 2017

All went well in Trenton yesterday. Jeff B.'s Commodore/Capsella robot and my Apple/Lego robot both worked perfectly and everyone who stopped at our booth seemed impressed. Herb pointed out that some college students were showing a modern $40,000 robot but were unable to explain how it works nor do much more than our designs. :)

Group members spotted in addition to me, Jeff, and Herb: Jeff Galinat, Jeff Golas, Jeff Jonas, Neil, Dean, Drew, Brian Stuart, Bill I., and Steve ... sorry if I forgot anyone. Plus the usual groupies :) who attend Trenton, VCF East, etc. but aren't official members.

Brace and I gave a successful lecture. The audience wasn't huge (about 10 people) but they seemed very interested and I think we did a good job presenting historical and technical information. They asked some smart questions afterward.

A while ago Gini Mauchly offered us a desk fan that her father brought home from Eckert-Mauchly Computer Company. At the show yesterday we took delivery of it.

Me, Brace, Dean, and Drew went to dinner. Burgers and beer.... om nom nom nom.
Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
A 501(c)3 educational non-profit

Evan at vcfed.org