[vcf-midatlantic] The Atlantic : How Aristotle Created the Computer

Dean Notarnicola dnotarnicola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:32:19 EDT 2017

Based on the title of the article, the answer is no. However, the subtitle
is more to the point, and can be applied to every area of science. I see
this not as a wholesale claim​ to the history of computing, but rather
staking a claim to the thought process that led to the major advances to
come, aided by Shannon and Turing's works. I believe there's
an inextricable link between philosophy and scientific discovery; the
ability to speculate based on simple observations and logic, fueled by
imagination, and unfettered by a lack of hard information.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic <