[vcf-midatlantic] The Atlantic : How Aristotle Created the Computer

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Thu Mar 23 17:17:14 EDT 2017

The cited article is a surprisingly through and generally correct
presentation of the formal history of logic, computation and computing
theory. This article, is how academics and historians look at
"computing", and doesn't really have much new from my glance. It's a
good tutorial, I think.

I'm not sure why The Atlantic published it in the recent issue, what
event or circumstance prompted it - I read very quickly to scope out the
article. The author apparently is an "angel investor" and
former/current? computing financial whiz.

Of course, the title argument is merely a draw to read the article,
"success has many parents".

Herb

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net