[vcf-midatlantic] TRS-80 model 1, looking for good home

mike willegal mike at willegal.net
Thu Nov 2 08:51:27 EDT 2017

I have a TRS-80 model 1, that needs to find a good home.   I originally was going to get one of each of the original systems of the "big three" from 1977, but decided I really don't have the time or space for them.   I never found a  chiclet keyboard PET, at a bargain price, so I never completed that collection.  This system was at VCF east a few years ago.  It has the expansion chassis, level II basic, the CRT, and a single floppy drive.  There are also some cassette tapes and manuals, but no Cassette Tape drive.  Matching cassette drives are available on eBay from time to time, as they apparently were standard Radio Shack cassette tape products.

I wasn't able to boot DOS from floppy, but the main system and CRT were operating when I had it at VCF east.  It was a bit intermittent, I think due to the ribbon cable connections between the keyboard and the expansion chassis.  If I had the time, I would replace that cable.  I only spent about an hour investigating the boot problem with the floppy at VCF and haven't powered on, since.

I don't want to risk shipping, but depending upon where you live on the eastern coast of US, may be able to arrange delivery before the end of the year or you can pick up north of Boston, MA.

Best offer above $150 gets it.

regards,
Mike Willegal