[vcf-midatlantic] Aaarrrrggghhhhh - list behavior

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Fri Nov 3 23:29:47 EDT 2017

A few weeks ago we changed the hosting of VCFed.org email from our web
hoster to Google. Problem is, now I don't get copies of my own messages
to groups (even to non-Google-based groups such as this one). How do I
fix that?

Search indicates this may be * intended * behavior on Google's part,
because they would rather you do everything via Gmail in a browser and
use conversation views. I don't work that way and I don't want to work
that way. I am using Thunderbird on my desktop and the default Android
mail client on my phone. This is pissing me off because when viewing
list messages I like to see all the context in one place. I can probably
make a filter in Thunderbird to copy all my sent messages to list
addresses into the relevant inboxes, but I shouldn't have to do that! Is
there a way around this?

Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit