[vcf-midatlantic] Intel Drive Pack/Cart - Help Identify

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Nov 4 15:22:16 EDT 2017

On 11/04/2017 11:39 AM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> What is this?
> http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2017/Intel_Drive-Pak/
>
> It looks like an RK05 a little but it's not the same dimensions.  I don't
> know what system this came from, or what kind of drive would use it.....

  That pack form factor was derived from the IBM 5440.  Many companies
adopted that form factor and designed drives around it.  DEC did so, and
called them RL01 and RL02.

  The RK05 is a DEC-designed drive designed to accommodate the IBM 2315
form-factor packs.

  Anyway, I have no idea of what Intel's use of that disk pack would
have been, but it was certainly based on the IBM 5440 pack design.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA