[vcf-midatlantic] IT stuff we need for the museum

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:12:35 EST 2017

You have to watch with no-name PoE injectors, most of them are not 802.3af
compliant and will often either not work with 802.3af stuff or can actually
damage it. Have someone confirm compatibility before purchasing.

I'll have to see what I have w.r.t. available switches, if you have to buy
something Allied Telesis makes some excellent basic managed PoE switches. I
believe their smaller offerings are fanless. You will be hard-pressed to
find a 24-port switch with PoE and no fans, it's just too much heat in 1U
to cool without forced air.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 10:48 PM, David Riley via vcf-midatlantic <