[vcf-midatlantic] Looking for BR1951-L05 chips

Jeff Galinat jgalinat at optonline.net
Mon Nov 6 08:44:13 EST 2017

On 11/5/2017 7:13 PM, Richard Cini via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>                  Does anyone have a cache of these WD baud rate generator chips? I just mistakenly bought three of the L06 versions but it turns out I need the L05 version, the difference being the divisor (I think) and the crystal. I’m going to re-create a Seattle Computer board and it uses the L05 version, and the software relies on the right divisor.
>
>                   If anyone has spares, please let me know. Thanks!
Hi Rich,
   I couldn't find a datasheet for the WD BR1951 only a BR1941 part. I
checked what I have and I have a number of SMC COM8116 baud rate
generators which appear to be pin compatible with the BR1941 parts
except they only require a 5v supply.  Here is a link to the data sheet
found on the web.

<http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/cross/data_sheets/COM8116.pdf>

You can let me know if they will work in your application and I can get
a few to you.

Regards,
Jeff